Skunked.ca Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Is there a need? Guided Ice Fishing

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Fishing Charters and Guide Services View previous topic
View next topic
Is there a need? Guided Ice Fishing
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Is there a need? Guided Ice Fishing Reply with quote
I was wondering if there was a need for guided Ice fishing? I have been asked if there is someone who does this locally and the answer to my knowledge is no. I have a friend in St. Catharines who got laid off from GM who takes on person per day to lake Simcoe for $125 that is bait transportation etc... He has a snowmobile and similar set up to mine. I think it would be cool if someone did this on Lake St.Clair.

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
justfishguideservice
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
''Eric'' www.lakeshoresmarina.org He guides.....

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
caveman
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
i also thought of doing it eric as i too have all the gear /toys but with the fishing being as it is i couldn't listen to all the whining from people that don't understand its called Fishing not Catching Laugh my a...

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
justfishguideservice
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
The liability insurance for your own a$$ would be a killer... You would be guiding to pay the policy payments for the year and your not guaranteed any safe ice..Its a ''Gamble'' kinda like if you signed a waiver stating that you go at own risk....If you were guaranteed 3-4 months of good safe ice like some places... I would try to do the guiding ''full-time''. (Who wants to punch a card)..

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
justfishguideservice wrote:
The liability insurance for your own a$$ would be a killer... You would be guiding to pay the policy payments for the year and your not guaranteed any safe ice..Its a ''Gamble'' kinda like if you signed a waiver stating that you go at own risk....If you were guaranteed 3-4 months of good safe ice like some places... I would try to do the guiding ''full-time''. (Who wants to punch a card)..

10-4 on that, my buddy is just keeping the bills paid until he gets called back to work...4 Kids.. Shocked

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Craig
Outdoor Lover

Post Reply with quote
I think that is cool Eric, at least for your buddy ,being laid off and all.
I read about these ""Shanty towns"" years ago and finally got to see them up front when I went Ice fishing on the upper french river several years ago.. what a blast, Now mind you, I am used to 4 wheelers ""ATV's"", when I got on that snow mobile, Thats a whole different story on it's own.. Yikes
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 am View user's profile Send private message
WEEKENDER
Outdoor Lover

Post GUIDED ICE fISHING Reply with quote
justfishguideservice wrote:

I also would like to see more people guiding folks on the ice, but as stated insurance for things like this are very expensive BUT there are such things as "DISCLAIMERS" that customers must sign before hand to release liability I have seen these in the north where you have to sign a "RELEASE OF LIABILITY" form that ensures the folks that are guiding folks on the ice out fishing are not held liable for things that can go wrong out on the ice. I am sure they would hold up as for legalality. I was told that St Lukes (LAKESHORE) quit taxing folks out on the ice due to increase insurance plus the fact that now all folks riding a sleigh MUST wear a helmet They would have top have 20-25 helmits avaiable and they are not cheap as well
I was told this the other day when I was fishing there. I seem to remember a few years ago going fishing down at Mitchells bay or Lakeshore and not having to worry about things like this. Things like being charged if you do not have a solid connection hitch to your machine from sleigh or hut if you are towing it It use to be fun but the brains behing these new reg's take the fun out of it

Good fishin
"Weekender"
Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Fishing Charters and Guide Services All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: