Skunked.ca Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Electro Fishing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Club Meetings and Important dates View previous topic
View next topic
Electro Fishing
always-topless
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Http://www.anglers.org/ This is the TRAA's web site and I heard that they are updating it soon with Pictures from recent events. The MNR were there as they are the ones who do the shocking and the club members do the rest. Plus they were checking to make sure other people do not get the idea that they can fish down there........Junior you can still join now and they will send you updates and emails as to what they have planned for events. Also they send out news letters all the time. They meet once a month every month. I the summer months they will hold a meeting say at Fanshawe, then after the meeting everyone goes fishing or whatever till dark.....BBQ's the odd time when they have functions as well.........Jim

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bobbyhandcuffs
2000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the great pics. Met some great people and had lots of discussions during the day about the differences between the streams sampled and the incredible journey these fish have taken to get back to their point of release. Some skunked/traa members actually released those exact fish as fry 5-7 years ago. After traveling 1000s of kilometers they returned to spawn. Then we stole their eggs... Razz

As mentioned it's impossible to fish this area without trespassing. However friends of the river are often friends of landowners - so becoming a member of any local organization can improve your livelihood of having exclusive access to some of the best fishing around. The real benefit is getting to see something like this and know that there lots of people who talk a good game about improving the environment but this is the kind of effort where you can actually see the impact and wipe the slime off your hands with a smile on your face.

... if nobody has a problem with this; I'd like to move this into the club section as it technically not a "fishing report"
Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
always-topless
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Yeah that's my fault. I didn't know exactly where to post it. But go ahead.......Nice meeting you Bobby. Look forward to some fishing days eh......Jim

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
jjcanoe
500 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Wish I could have made it out to this one but am really impressed with the turnout. Good Job guys. How many eggs did we end up collecting?

jjcanoe

Http://www.anglers.org/
Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
always-topless
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
You'll have to ask Randy for an exact count....... Funny Face .....Jim

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Club Meetings and Important dates All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: